Applications for 2021 Long Tan Bursaries and AVCAT scholarships open 18 August 2020, Vietnam Veterans’ Day, and close at midnight 31 October 2020.
• AVCAT A3 poster
• AVCAT jpg for use in newsletters
AVCAT scholarships are for the children and grandchildren of Australian ex-serving veterans. Long Tan Bursaries are for the children and grandchildren of Vietnam veterans and are funded by the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Scholarships provide up to $4000 per year, for three years, to full-time students at university, TAFE college or registered training organisation.
To be eligible students must be:
• the child, stepchild, foster child or grandchild or an Australian ex-serving veteran*
• an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
• enrolled, or planning to enrol in 2021, in a full-time course at an Australian university, TAFE college or registered training organisation.
• receiving, or be eligible to receive in 2021, a Centrelink payment like Youth Allowance or an equivalent means-tested educational payment.
Some scholarships have specific criteria, for further information go to avcat.org.au.
*A veteran, for these scholarships, must be an Australian veteran with operational service, including eligible war service, war-like service, and peacekeeping/peacemaking service, OR have three or more years of continuous full-time service in the Australian Defence Force.