The War Veterans Fishing Group (WVFG) is a network of veterans from South Australia dedicated to assisting disabled, serving and retired military personnel and their families to participate in recreational fishing.
Meetings are held at TPI House, 171 Richmond Road, Richmond SA on the last Friday of each month (except for December, when there is no meeting) at 1000hrs. Where a Friday is a public holiday the meetings are brought forward one week.
- Monthly catch up followed by a BBQ at TPI House
- Trips away to Moonta Bay, Port Victoria, Port Augusta and Goolwa
- Local fishing at West Beach, North Haven, St Kilda and O’Sullivans Beach (beach and shore fishing)
- Social functions involving partners, children and grandchildren
- Guest speakers on OH&S, fishing techniques and health matters
- Support network across our membership
- Boat and land fishing
- Low cost fishing & accommodation
- Christmas Dinner
- Mateship and great company
- No experience or fishing equipment required
For more information about the fishing group please contact
Mobile: 0415 265 269
For the current timetable of activities go to: www.wvfg.org.au